Powerlifter Laura Sancho (82 kg) deadlift uncooked British report of 263 kilograms (579.eight kilos)
A dominant performance from Sancho ensured she achieved that record.
On April 30, 2023, powerlifter Laura Sancho shared an Instagram clip of herself scored a raw deadlift of 263 kilograms (579.8 pounds). during the 2023 Global Powerlifting Committee-Great Britain (GPC-GB) Welsh Championships in Swansea, Wales. The strength milestone is not only an all-time competition best for the athlete, but it is a British record in the 82-kilogram division.
Sancho wore only a sling as an aid to help her with the monstrous move. She used a conventional stance with a mixed grip. The athlete’s massive deadlift eventually helped her take home first place in her weight class.
More from Breaking Muscle:
According to her personal page on Open Powerlifting, Sancho only emerged as a competitive powerlifter relatively recently.
The athlete made her debut on an approved lift during a win at the 2021 Scottish GPC GB Championship. Sancho has mainly competed in wraps, which perhaps makes her raw British record even more exceptional in context. The powerlifter is undefeated in six official appearances in his career (five as an 82kg competitor and one as a 75kg athlete).
Here’s a rundown of Sancho’s all-time sanctioned powerlifting history:
Laura Sancho | competition history
- 2021 GPC-GB Scottish Championship (Wraps/82KG) – First place
- 2021 GPC-GB British Final (Wraps/75KG) – First place
- 2022 GPC-GB British Final (Wraps/82KG) – First place
- 2022 GPC-Scotland Sultans of Squat (Wraps/82KG) – First place
- 2022 GPC-Scotland Bench Gathering (raw/82kg) – First place
- 2023 GPC-GB Welsh Championships (Wraps/82kg) – First place
Here’s a rundown of Sancho’s all-time best competitive stats:
Laura Sancho | All-time competitive bests
- Squats (with wraps) — 199.9 kilograms (440.9 pounds)
- bench press (Raw) — 112.5 kilograms (248 pounds)
- deadlift (Raw) — 263 kilograms (579.8 pounds) | British all-time record (82 kg)
- In total (with wrap) — 575.5 kilograms (1,268.7 pounds)
Note: Sancho has never logged a raw squat in an official capacity. As such, the powerlifter also doesn’t have an official all-time best total.
More from Breaking Muscle:
In her Instagram post, Sancho appeared to be glowing with energy as she hit that high-water deadlift mark. For an elite powerlifter like her, it’s understandable to get such an appreciative and enthusiastic response after achieving her goals.
Better still, more stunning milestones could be on the way soon.
“I’m still buzzing,” Sancho wrote. “Like I said in November it won’t be mine for long because of a number of units coming but now let me try a little more.”
Featured image: @laureldepapel on Instagram
Comments are closed.